Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 15:42:55 +0000
From:      "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, nik@iii.co.uk, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@itojun.org>
Subject:   Re: internationalization

> On Fri, Jun 12, 1998 at 03:09:02AM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > The origins of Kanji as an ideogrammatic writing system owe more to
> > the need for Imperial China to control the availability of persistent
> > information available to Chinese Serfs in support of a feudal society
> > than they do to their information density compared to alphabetic
> > writing systems.
>
> I have absolutely nothing to add to the discussion, I just want to
> hold up the above paragraph as a shining example of why I like these
> mailing lists so much :-)

I agree, I tend to save more of Terry's articles for the
non-computing content than those of other people (as well as saving
many for the computing content of course)!

Terry, how do you manage to keep all this in your head, or are you a
more advanced version of the JKH Tcl script with AltaVista plug in?

Duncan
Tongue firmly in cheek!