Date:      Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:05:01 +0000
From:      Tsampros Leonidas <ltsampros@upnet.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [gaghiel: Re: burncd syntax for burning dvd ???]

----- Forwarded message from Tsampros Leonidas <gaghiel> -----

Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:02:31 +0000
From: Tsampros Leonidas <gaghiel>
Subject: Re: burncd syntax for burning dvd ???
To: "P.U.Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 12:08:21PM +0200, P.U.Kruppa wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I created an .iso file from a dvd by
> 	# dd if=/dev/acd0 of=dvd.iso bs=2048
> Now I would like to burn dvd.iso on a fresh dvd+rw medium.
> Could someone be so nice and give me the correct command line for
> this - seems I am too stupid to understand the man pages :-( .
>
> Thanks,

I think that this one will work:

burncd -e -f /dev/acd0 -s max data fixate dvdrw dvd.iso

No guarantees though as i haven't tried it. Why don't you use
growisofs ? You can install it through the ports at
sysutils/dvd+rw-tools . To write tha same iso you would use the
following command:

growisofs -speed=N -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso

Tested and always works.
.