Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:26:22 -0500
From:      "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@northwestern.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-STABLE <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Kernel build problem with buildkernel

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 08:19:44PM -0400, Matt Heckaman wrote:
> I then
> realized that I forgot to put sound back in the kernel. So I fix my config
> file and go to rebuild with make buildkernel KERNEL=EPSILON, and it died
> out. Oddly, if I build a kernel the old way, everything works just fine.
---end quoted text---

From my understanding, the make buildkernel process needs the /usr/obj that
you blew away. That's probably why it failed.

But, again from my understanding, if you just wanted to add sound support
you could rebuild the kernel the old way, so long as the kernel you just
built was synchronized with the sources (which you did).
--
David Kanter
djkanter@northwestern.edu