Date:      Mon, 07 May 2007 15:42:47 -0700
From:      Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com>
To:        Gore Jarold <gore_jarold@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware3 on FreeBSD 6.2 - minor (?) svga problem ... more #2

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 15:37 -0700, Gore Jarold wrote:

> Do you mean:
>
> /usr/X11R6

Right.

> I installed vanilla xorg out of ports.  Straight
> 6.2-RELEASE ports tree - did not cvsup it or anything.

OK.  For present purposes I don't think this matters.

So you installed vmware, did the BSD diddles with device.hints,
sysctl and linprocfs, ran the install script, ran the wizard, and
installed a virtual machine (a windows flavor I presume)
and that went OK.  Now when you select that VM, and load it,
you get this SVGA error?

Or have you not yet loaded a VM?