Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:00:02 -0400
From:      Damian Gerow <dgerow@afflictions.org>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mplayer/mencoder with bktr(4) device

Thus spake Michael Nottebrock (michaelnottebrock@gmx.net) [28/08/04 15:37]:
: That's not surprising, given that fxtv will simply just throw away one field
: if the window is small enough (and perform no deinterlacing at all if you
: pull it up to full size, i.e., full interlaced glory).

Hmm....  Well, thanks for that.

: I myself use -vf lavcdeint,denoise3d=12:9:18 for watching TV and I'm quite
: happy with it.

I just tried denoise3d and hqdn3d (why denoise3d over hqdn3d?), and both are
still providing less-than-optimal resolution.  Maybe I'll try another
S-Video source, to see if that's the trouble.

: On my oldish Pinnacle PCTV, I need to connect the external lineout to a
: line-in on my soundcard to get audio. Recording that audio with mencoder is
: just a matter of setting the recording source to the line-in and turning up
: the rec mixer ...

That's what I figured, I'm just completely clueless about recording from a
different audio source.  (Yes, yes, man mencoder...)