Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 15:01:45 -0500
From:      John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Slooow VMware on RELENG_4 SMP

Kernel and system built from current RELENG_4 source yesterday.
VMware boots Win98 and runs but its just real slooow.  VMware tells
me that the virtual disk I am using is NFS mounted and that's not
the case. Works fine with a UP kernel.

Hardware is a ASUS CUV4X-DLS with 933Mhz PIIIs though I doubt the
hardware is the problem.

I haven't seen any discussions about VMware and SMP other than the
"VMware doesn't even boot" thread quite a while back.  Anyone have
VMware working on a -stable SMP system?

John Capo