Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:47:22 -0800
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hardware woes - AMD K6/2-300 (?)

I have a system that is running FreeBSD 2.2.8.

On this system, various supposedly reliable programs (Perl, mysqld) are
crashing randomly and repeatedly with signal 11s (SIGSEGV).

The system also appears to reboot itself a random times for no apparent
reason.

The entire main memory on the system has just ben swapped out, and it
is still happening... at least mysqld has already crashed from a signal
11.

The system has an AMD K/2-300 processor and an ASAU P5A-B Super 7
motherboard.  The system also contain one Ultra DMA harddrive (6GB)
floppy, and a 40x (ATAPI?) CD-ROM.

As I say, all of main memory has just been swapped out, and the problem
remains.

I just need to know if there are any known problems with 2.2.8 and the
AMD K6/2-300 processor.

Please send me E-mail if you know of any, _or_ if you are _successfully_
running 2.2.8 on an AMD K6/2-300 system.  Thanks.

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, California ---------- E-Scrub Technologies, Inc.
-- Deadbolt(tm) Personal E-Mail Filter demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/deadbolt/
-- Wpoison (web harvester poisoning) - demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/wpoison/

    "Ping can be used offensively, and it's shipped with every windows CD"
                                                  -- Steve Atkins