Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:37:24 -0600
From:      "Samuel Chow" <samuelc@samuelstn.dhs.org>
To:        "Graham Lillico" <graham_lillico@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Qmail Receiving Mail Problem

Hi there,

> I have a mulitdrop mailbox at my ISP "username@isp.com" and I also have
two
> aliases set up to point to this mailbox "firstname.lastname1@isp.com" and
> "firstname.lastname2@isp.com".
>
> My problem is that I want to use fetchmail to download the email from my
> isp's pop3 mailserver and then to split it between the two accounts on my
> mailserver "user1" and "user2" does anyone have any idea how this can be
> done?  I'm currently using qmail and can't get it working.  I will
consider
> using something else if it can't be done using qmail.

    Read "The Use and Abuse of Multidrop Mailboxes" section of
    the fetchmail man page.

    Short answer:
    If your ISP is using a mailer that writes an envelope address,
    you are fine; otherwise, it cannnot be reliably done.  Assume
    your ISP mailer is okay, use the 'envelope' keyword.  If your
    ISP is using qmail, also look at 'qvirtual' keyword.

    Hope this helps.

---
Samuel Chow
samuelc@samuelstn.dhs.org

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
This message is displayed using recycled electrons.