Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:48:24 -0400
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
To:        Max Okumoto <okumoto@usw4.freebsd.org>
Cc:        libh@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   The Menubar (Re: cvs commit: libh/doc/hui hui.sgml)

Max Okumoto wrote:

>okumoto     2002/06/14 02:40:19 CDT
>
>  Modified files:
>    doc/hui              hui.sgml
>  Log:
>

>  Note: We need to ether decide on a protcol to control the shared
>  menu bar or we need to have menubars associated with windows.

I think  it would be problematic to make TVision have one menu bar per
window. It would mean hacking tvision, and I don't think anyone wants that.

However, we can change the only tvision menubar at will. A bit like Mac
OS does. I know it sucks, but it's a valid workaround.

In both cases, each window can have its own menu bar: in Qt, the menu
bar shows up in the window and therefore the menu bars can be shown
together, and in TVision, the menu bar changes as the window focus changes.

BTW: do you have the Qt menubar bug described in BUGS on the cleanup branch?

A.