Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:44:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Trevin Chow <tmchow@sfu.ca>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Even more SSHD strangeness

Everyone's probably read my previous emails regarding my remote SSH
disconnections...

I decided to just load a completely open firewall ruleset, namely:

00100 1258 92612 allow ip from any to any
65535    0     0 deny ip from any to any

I'm still getting disconnected in my SSH connections!  Even stranger is
that when I went to the actual server's terminal this time, there was an
SSHD error:

sshd[40927]: failed: Write failed: Permission Denied

Previously several people emailed me saying it was likely a DENY rule in
my firewall ruleset which was causing things to go astray.  Doesn't this
prove it's something else? I would love to entertain ANY suggestions.

Regards,
Trevin Chow