Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:33:38 -0600
From:      Aaron Birenboim <aaron@aptec.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bug in "vr" PCI-NIC driver

I have foundwhat may be a verified bug in the "vr" driver
for my d-link card.
It does not detect fast ethernet.
(these are 10BT/100BT PCI cards)

Problem is repeatable on both my NetGear and LinkSys hubs.

Things get interesting, because I may have the same problem
from the LinkSys card I used (from GENERIC kernel) for debugging.
I would want to double-check that before reporting a bug though.

This is on 3.4....

I couldn't see anything about it from my efforts to search GNATS.
There were some complaints in the mail archives....  but I'm not
totally sure they were talking about the same problem.

How might I go about reporting the problem?
How might I check if this was fixed for 4.0?
   (I'm to conservative to go to 4.0 right now)
--
Aaron Birenboim         | Cell: (505) 350-1996 | Office: (505) 853-6866
ATA, ABQ  NM            |  bug_aaron@aptec.com |  perl is the duct-tape