Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 1996 17:47:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      steve hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   weird ram problem

I kept experiencing crashes on my acer pentium 133 running 2.05R and INN
1.3.  I thought it was one of my 32 MB simms so I replaced them - same
problem.

So then I thought, maybe because I had 2 16's and 2 32's that that might
be a problem, so I loaded it entirely with 32 mb simms for a total of 128MB

This really freaked it out.  With in a few minutes, simple commands like
pwd, or cd  etc would bomb me out of the shell.  I got illegal
instruction, bus error, and other error messages.

I pulled the 32's and put in 4 16's and everything is calm and happy
again (but slow cause I really need more ram than 64MB).

Anyone got any ideas as to why this freaks out at over 64MB?

Steve Hovey -- shovey@buffnet.net
 	       root@buffnet.net