Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 00:02:10 -0500
From:      Eric Brueggmann <brueggma@snoopie.yi.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   du/df

Hello..

	Sorry for the cross post.  I was wondering what could cause this:

# du -hc /var | grep total
 15M    total
# df -h /var
Filesystem     Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/ad3s2e    483M   101M   343M    23%    /var
# sync
# df -h /var
Filesystem     Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/ad3s2e    483M   101M   343M    23%    /var

This happens every couple of weeks or so..  The difference is usually not
as great as it is now.  Is there any way to fix it?  I don't think du is
following any sym links, or anything.

						Thank You,
						Eric Brueggmann