Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:05:31 -0500
From:      "Ryan Masse" <mail@max-info.net>
To:        <mark@amplex.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Any unix mailclient which does smtp auth?

Pine 4.X will do smtpauth when the smtpauth services promts for
authentification. I haven't looked into the config area for setting this
auth strings but i know when i implemented smtpauth with sendmail-8.11.1
using the 'a' option for authenticating all connections, i was able to use
pine to authenticate.

Hope this helps =\
Ryan Masse