Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 1998 13:58:47 -0700
From:      "Tim Pushor" <timp@orion.ab.ca>
To:        "Doug White" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: question about 'top'

I guess what I am really looking for is a way to find out exactly how memory
is being used. You mention that processes can find out their own
utilization, but if I wanted to write a chunk of code (or script) to
interrogate memory usage, any idea of how I could go about doing that?

What I am really looking for is:

1) Evidence that all children are using the same code segment
2) Size of the stack per process
3) Size of the data segment per process
4) Heap usage per process

Thanks...