Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 2003 17:09:41 +0100
From:      amon@sockar.homeip.net
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   [it works] Sun Storedge A1000 and FreeBSD/sparc64

Hi,

I've investigated a bit more my problem with the sun a1000 and managed
to get it working by using the same fix suggested by gerard roudier here
for the same problem with a disk drive :

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/168/2002/11/0/10252798/

It seems that the a1000 has the same problem as the seagate drive
mentioned above. Sadly, I already have the latest firmware revision
for the array and it dates back to 2001 so I think there won't be
updates anymore.

In all cases, by removing the 3 lines that signal the overrun in the
sym driver, freebsd correctly detects all the luns configured on the
a1000 and can use them normally.

This is not a clean fix but at least you can use the array. (you still
need Solaris to manage the volumes since the Raid Manager for the
A1000 only exists on that platform)

--
Herve Boulouis