Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 13:13:10 -0500
From:      /G=David/S=Sandel/DD.ALISA=SANDELD@mhs-emerson.attmail.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org (o=attmail/dd.id=)

Hi There ---

I have everything setup to install from a DOS partition on a PC.
I am running W95 and have 1gig for windows and 1 gig for FreeBSD.

I have the dos partition mounted and the Freebsd has autodefault
partitions. OK ... no problemo ... so far ...

anyway ... I do a novice installation, average X user, and then start
up the install. It runs for a while .... mounts the dos drive and
starts
copying files .... gets into the stand/ls copy and then gets an error

gunzip: stdin : invalid compressed data-format violated
/stand/cpio: premature end of file
DEBUG : dummy[default] close called for sd0s1 with fd of 6.
DEBUG : switching back to VTY1

then ....

failed to load root distribution .....

what should I do from here ???