Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 00:26:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Chiu <chiuk@cs.indiana.edu>
To:        pmg <pmg@Quetico.tbaytel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD filesystems & MBR

I'm a little bit confused by what you are asking.  Yes, it is
recommended that you use fdisk to produce an MS-style partition
table.  The first partition (MS-speak) should start on the second
track, which will guarantee that the FreeBSD partition will not
mess up the MBR.

Optionally, but not recommended, you can make the disk "dangerously
dedicated".  This means that there is no partition table.  There
is still an MBR in a sense, but it no longer conforms to MS
conventions.