Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:07:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, mail@krel.org
Subject:   Re: operation not supported

>From: "Ilya" <mail@krel.org>
>Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 19:05:30 -0400

>I just compiled world and kenrel for current on my laptop
>ran mergemaster
>but it seems that /dev doesnt get updated.there is no MAKEDEV there and when
>i try to copy it form my cvs to /dev i get :
>Operation not supported error
>there are no special flags on /dev (i chekcedk)

Right.

>any suggestions?

DEVFS is standard in -CURRENT now.

man 5 devfs, and proceed from there.  (A bit of faith may help, too...)

>thank you

You're welcome.

Cheers,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.