Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 2002 21:57:11 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail ignoring MX records

One of my systems insists on trying to deliver mail directly to A
record addresses rather than via MX records.  I've tried comparing
the configuration with a system that works sanely and can't find any
explanation for this behaviour.  Does this ring a bell with anyone?

The working system is running -STABLE from mid-September and the
non-working system is -STABLE from mid-July - but both are the same
sendmail.  DNS is working correctly (according to both dig and lynx).
The only possibly relevant difference is that the non-working system
has a hostname that is totally different to the FQDN that is visible
externally - but I don't think this is relevant.

Any ideas?

Peter