Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:34:50 -0800
From:      Tim Priebe <tim@ke.uu.net>
To:        Fabrizio Ravazzini <freefabri@yahoo.it>, freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bridge/Firewall cluster?

The problem with this is it would duplicate packets. My solution to this=20
was to not use bridging, but to route through the firewall, using dynamic=20
routing. As long as everything in the DMZ can understand some routing=20
protocol you will be fine. The Cisco advertises default to the two=20
firewalls, and the firewalls redistribute learned and directly connected=20
routes. You can limit which hosts you learn routes from in your firewall=20
rules, depending on the protocol used.

Tim.