Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:35:36 +0800
From:      lawrence.hy.cheung@philips.com
To:        <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: KDE or other wm setup please?

Hi,

Very simple,=20

1) Install KDE from ports

	# cd /usr/ports/x11/kde
	# make
	# make install

2) Edit your .xsession point to kde

	# vi ~/.xsession
              =20
	[ Replace the ctwm line with following statement ]
              =20
		/usr/local/bin/startkde

3) To replace xdm with kdm

	# su root
	# vi /etc/tty

	[ Replace the path of xdm with the path of kdm ]

Regards,
Lawrence H.Y. Cheung

	In a test account I'm about to set up a new environment. I
	could just cp my ~/.xsession file and use ctwm, but it's time
	to get adventurous.  (This is about as significant as my
	thrills get.)

	Anyone willing to share a KDE setup?  I'm open to other suggestions,
	but would rather keep it simple, sir.

	thanks for some clues,

	gary

=