Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 04:55:07 -0000
From:      "Chris Canova" <canovac@hotmail.com>
To:        jandrese@mitre.org
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: STB TV/FM Tuner, No Sound

comments at bottom

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Andresen,Jason R."
To: Chris Canova
CC: freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:25:46 -0400
Chris Canova wrote:
>----------------------- there isn't an audio out for my TV Tuner... there's
>an audio in tho. when i was saying Audio OUT, i was referring to the
>internal wire that goes from the CD Player, into the TV Tuner, then another
>wire that goes from the TV Tuner into the sound card... these aren't normal
>headphone wires, they are specially modified (you know the kind you see
>going from CD roms to Soundcards). Sorry i don't know the exact name of it,
>tho. i checked with just plain mixer, line2 and line3 were muted, so i set
>them at 75:75. That didn't fix anything along the lines of my Tuner,
>though. Do you guys need anymore info?
Can you get sound from audio CDs? If so, there is something is most
likely wrong with the bktr tuner, if not there is something wierd
with your soundcard/cables and you should double check the cables
by plugging the CD-ROM directly into the soundcard and fiddling
with the cables (can you even plug these in backwards? Are there
multiple slots on the card? Is it plugged into a digital audio
slot?)

No i can't get sound from audio cd's cuz i don't have another wire running
from the CD.  But if i had that, it would work.  I remade my bktr driver by
downloading it and remade my kernel, i also upgraded fxtv to the latest
version. I know i have the cables right because it works when i reboot into
win2k.  it uses Aux 2 in windows *shrug* but that doesn't say anything about
what fxtv uses.  Is there anything i'm overlookign?  How about a device i'm
missing? Anything at ALL???