Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:06:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
Cc:        Frode Nordahl <frode@nordahl.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UMASS USB bug? (getting the Sony disk-on-key device working).

:
:On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 12:08:27PM +0100, Frode Nordahl wrote:
:> Hey, Matt
:>
:> While you're at it, could you have a look at PR kern/46176 ? =)
:>
:> At least would you tell me if you have the same problem with your
:> device(s)
:
:The umass cam interaction is questionable.
:I've seen lots of problems caused by this.
:As I have problems with my device caused by this too I already placed it on
:my todo list.
:
:--
:B.Walter              COSMO-Project         http://www.cosmo-project.de
:ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de

    The panic described in 46176 has happened to me on -current.  On
    -stable I have managed (very easily) to get the CAM layer vs UMASS
    layer into a confused state where the CAM layer thinks it is still
    attached but the UMASS layer thinks it has detached / cleaned everything
    out.  In both cases it appears that memory is being freed by one side
    which is still being used by the other side but I haven't tracked down
    the exact cause.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>