Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:02:06 -0500
From:      Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
To:        Steve Brown <gtabug@prayforwind.com>
Cc:        Jaime <jaime@snowmoon.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Security Question.

Steve Brown wrote:

> <snip>
> (You are forwarding root's email to your regular account, right?)
> <snip>
>
> I'd do that but I've not been able to figure out how. Can you
> help? I'm using a more or less default install of FreeBSD4.4-RELEASE (i386)
> with sendmail.
>
> Thanks, Steve

read /etc/aliases (actually a symlink to /etc/mail/aliases).  You want
to uncomment the line that applies to root and replace the sample
email addy with yours.

Daniel Frazier  <dfrazier@magpage.com>   Tel:  302-239-5900 Ext. 231
Systems Administrator                    Fax:  302-239-3909
MAGPAGE, We Power the Internet           WWW:  http://www.magpage.com/

         - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.