Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 19:43:01 +0800
From:      Ng Kok Leong <klng@psl.com.sg>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-user-groups@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        klng@psl.com.sg
Subject:   path

Hi,

I am new to FreeBSD and currently I am working with FreeBSD3.2.
May I know where can I set the directory path so that I do not have
to go to the directory where the file resides in order to access it?
I have tried to set the PATH variable in the .profile file but this does

not seems to work.

Currently, when I want to run a executable program, eg. check,  in the
directory that I am in,
I have to key in
        ./check

Can I solve the problem of keying ./ by setting the PATH=./  ?
How can check the path setting?

Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you in advance.

Regards