Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:53:24 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Bartek Rutkowski <r@robakdesign.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd Gnome 2.12 Splashes

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:54:06 +0200
Bartek Rutkowski <r@robakdesign.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I saw proposed splashes for freebsd gnome 2.12 and I was terryfied ;) As
> I am designer, and user of freebsd, I thought I can help with that. I
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Don't say this too loud, some people may lure you into producing nice
designs for FreeBSD. :-)

> have designed 3 clean&clear splashes, but keep in mind that I havent
> found any guidelines on 'what shoud splashsceen for fbsd gnome have', so

I think the guidelines are:
 - has to be related to gnome
 - has to be related to FreeBSD (else we could use the default one)
 - has to get a lot of "we want this one" messages on this list
 - optional: has to visualize some kind of message (invent one)

We don't want to put some limits on the creativity. ;-)

> if you like it but it lacks of somethigns then give me some advices how
> to improve them.
>
> Here are the url`s for splashes:
> http://www.robakdesign.com/gnome/splash1.png
> http://www.robakdesign.com/gnome/splash2.png
> http://www.robakdesign.com/gnome/splash3.png

Yikes! The little daemon is nice/cute/...!

My personal taste:
 - splash1 is a little bit color-less
   + maybe use some kind of color (the FreeBSD red?) to set focal points
   + maybe use a colored background
 - splash2: the green background distracts
 - splash3: can we have (semi-)lower-case characters for "ree"?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
                   It's not a bug, it's tradition!