Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 20:40:09 -0500
From:      Peter Stephan <pstephan+@cs.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on ThinkPad 560

I'm trying to install FreeBSD on a ThinkPad 560 (dual boot with
Windows95), and, since I don't know too much about the hardware on this
machine, I'm having a bit of trouble.

First, I apparently have an ESS ES1688 AudioDrive which uses IRQ 5 and
ports 220, 330, and 388.  I'm not really sure what this is, but is there
support for it in FreeBSD.

Second, I have a 3Com 3C562 PCMCIA card.  It sounds like there is no way
to use this with FreeBSD.  Is this correct?

Third, is there anything special that I have to do to use the IR Serial
port (COM2)?

Fourth, do I need to specify the system timer (IRQ 0), keyboard (IRQ 1),
programmable interrupt controller (IRQ 2), system CMOS/real time clock
(IRQ 8), or the numeric data processor (IRQ 13) in my system
configuration?

I'd appreciate any guidance that you can give me.

Thanks,

Peter
--
Peter Stephan                CMU School of Computer Science
pstephan@cs.cmu.edu          Research Programmer