Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:10:18 -0500
From:      "Tamouh H." <hakmi@rogers.com>
To:        "'Thomas David Rivers'" <rivers@dignus.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 6.2 running 4.x binaries (missing libc.so.3)

>=20
> I've been trying to run 4.x binaries on FreeBSD 6.2; with the=20
> compat4x package (and/or port) installed.
>=20
> However, the 4.x binaries want to find libc.so.3, which=20
> doesn't seem to be anywhere around.
>=20
>=20
> Anyone know the trick to getting this to work?
>=20
> 	- Thanks -
> 	- Dave Rivers -
>=20

I usually had lots of trouble with these libraries. The best solution =
I've found was to do a find ./ -name "libc.so*"   on the /usr/* folder, =
you might find libc.so.4 or libc.so.2 , cp to libc.so.3  usually fixes =
it (you may need to do this for multiple files as the errors progress).

Not the best way of doing it, but it does job!