Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:53:00 -0400
From:      "Raymond Hicks" <rayhicks@UU.NET>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   enabling hosts.deny and hosts.allow

cheers bsd team,
  I had this question earlier but I am trying to get this done asap..

  do I need to enable tcpwrappers to get my system to look to
/etc/hosts.deny file?  I would like to use portsentry and it adds ips to
this file but I can still connect from one of those addresses...  someone
suggested adding "-wW" to my /etc/rc.conf file and rebooting then running
tcpdchk and tcpdmatch to make sure it is working..  is this correct and is
there a more detailed explanation out there?  where would I add this "-wW"
line in rc.conf?  just stick it in there anywhere?  ANy help is greatly
appreciated...

cheers

raymond hicks