Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 06:04:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paulo Roberto <nirv199@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sticky route / ipfw problem (bug?)

Hello,

I have been having a problem using the "auto" feature with sticky route
in pppd. It seems that the first packets that go out thru that
interface (tun0) gets the sticky address (10.0.0.1) and then gets
masqueraded, but when the response gets back, my firewall (using
keep-state/dynamic rules) discard those first packets when the
interface gets its "real" address.
Is there a workaround for this bug? It is discarding the first packets
of my connection (usually dns queries) and timing out the first
connections of the demanded link.

thanks

PR