Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:40:12 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape browser

I might add that my quote about porting to Linux is widely misquoted
out of context.  I never said "Port to FreeBSD instead of Linux" in
exactly those words, I said "I urge any ISV who's just thinking of
getting into the Unix market for the first time to consider Linux as a
first porting target in order to get the maximum bang for the buck."

For an ISV who's just arriving in the Unix market, this is more than
reasonable advice.  Those ISVs who've already been playing in the
market for awhile, however, are urged to supply native binaries for
everyone.

- Jordan