Date:      Sat, 2 Sep 1995 23:58:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      john@starfire.mn.org
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: mt(1) erase not working on wt driver in FreeBSD-stable

Julian Elischer wrote:
>  the wt driver needs to be educated about the generic tape
> version of the same call..
> (which didn't previously exist, hense the special one)

Umm, but, I'd been using it quite happily in FreeBSD 1.1.5...  In fact,
I was rather surprised that it didn't work, since I was accustomed
to using it.  Hmmm.  Also, the code for it was defined in the
/usr/include/sys/mtio.h.  It is right under an undated comment
from Andreas and in a section only compiled for FreeBSD.

Anyway, it was trivial to add to the wt driver.  I lifted the code
nearly verbatim from the QIC-specific call, dropped it into the BSD-mt
section, and it works great.  Shall I submit a diff?

> > direction.  Otherwise, in a nutshell:
> >     dexter# mt -f /dev/rwt0 era
> >     mt: /dev/rwt0: erase: Invalid argument

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services