Date:      Wed, 18 May 2016 00:17:24 +0100
From:      Shamim Shahriar <shamim.shahriar@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recording from multiple webcams

On 17/05/2016 20:49, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 May 2016 19:04:59 +0200, Eduardo Morras via freebsd-questions
>> wrote:
>>> Can I record video from multiple webcams? I need record from 3 webcams
>>> simultaneusly, I've install webcamd but can't find any app to record
>>> from them. Some apps allow 1 webcam but I need at least 3.

I'm not sure if you have looked around, but there are lots of reference
to a software called Zoneminder -- which is available in FreeBSD ports
tree as well
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/multimedia/zoneminder/pkg-descr?revision=HEAD

People have discussed using multiple instances of Motion
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/multimedia/motion/pkg-descr?revision=HEAD

Also, here is Raspberry Pi tutorial using Omxplayer (some suggestions on
using vlc was available on various sites)
https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/123787-raspberry-pi-powered-surveillance-camera-monitoring-display

Hope this helps
Regards