Date:      Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:42:22 -0400
From:      rod person <rodperson@adelphia.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Connecting mobile phones

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:05:47 +0400
Karolis Tamutis <karolis.t@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have Motorola c650 mobile phone, which connects to pc through mini
> usb cable, any chance to use it in fbsd? I've heard success stories
> with nokia and siemens phones, but that was done using com, irda or
> bluetooth.

I have a Siemens that works with FreeBSD over USB. It mounts as a SCSI
drive us FAT. I had a Motorola v220 that wouldn't work, but it did not
work on Windows either.

Connect the usb cable and phone and check the dmesg output. If you see
something link umass0 it should be able to be mounted.

Good Luck,

Rod