Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:11:35 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
Cc:        Scott Augustus <scott@visgen.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommended ethernet pccard for 4.2

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 12:50:10PM +0000, Scott Mitchell wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 11:58:13AM -0500, Scott Augustus wrote:
> > Greetings all,
> > Trying desperately to bring up a Xircom CreditCard IIPS up in fbsd 4.2 to
> > no avail.  I've got the card being recognized, even see the proper settings
> > in ifconfig via use of rc.conf entries but just can't seem to get it to
> > become active. See below for outputs, let me know if you see something obvious.
>
> Yeah, the CE2 has only been know to work very occasionally.  I'm hoping to
> get my hands on one soon so I can figure out why and fix it.
>
> The later Xircom 10/100 cards are a different story, though -- they all
> work perfectly (I have to say that; I wrote the driver :-)  Seriously
> though, a CE3 or RealPort card should be fine.  You can probably pick up a
> used CE3 for very little cash these days too.

With one exception, I still didn't get my Xircom Realport (16 Bit)
with modem to work.

Everything looks fine, ifconfig shows the running device, but no
input and output. I think this might be an IRQ or I/O address problem.

After installing Win98 on my Toshiba Satellite 4300 (which also has
an internal win modem builtin) I learned more about IRQs and IO
addresses and will mail the results to this list in the hope to get
it running under FreeBSD 4.2 with your kind help.

--
Andreas Klemm                                           Powered by FreeBSD SMP
Songs from our band >>64Bits<<............http://www.apsfilter.org/64bits.html