Date:      24 Apr 2001 14:31:52 -0500
From:      Dave Leimbach <dleimbac@earthlink.net>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD network performance

http://www.byte.com/column/BYT20010130S0010

Its a fairly unbiased article since the author is a linux person.

The statistics start on the third page.

from  the conclusion of the article:
"

Conclusions
                     Linux 2.4.0 is available for no money. So is
                     FreeBSD. Linux uses advanced hardware, so does
                     FreeBSD. FreeBSD is more stable and faster than
                     Linux, in my opinion. We penguinistas sometimes
                     believe we are having more fun than anybody. But
                     then I lean over the fence and discover the FreeBSD
                     folks are having a hell of a party, too. And their
OS
                     is as fast as I have seen.

                     I have to ask myself why I don't just switch my
                     server to FreeBSD.
"