Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 1996 23:16:55 +0000
From:      Darius Moos <moos@degnet.baynet.de>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   typos in disk_ps

Hi,

just downloaded disk_ps.gz containing Chapter 10 of the FreeBSD-book
(pages 149 - 181).
I think there are some typos:

1.
p. 157 (top of page):
  "... ro for file systems (like CD-ROM) which can only be written."
  Should be "... can only be read."

2.
p. 164 (Figure 10-4, right part):
  there you are refering to "sd1s3x" but the left part of the table
  refers to "slice 2".
  May be a little bit confusing.

3.
p. 171 (top of page, line 3):
  "... per minute) and prm ..."
  Should be "rpm"

4.
p. 172 (top of page, first line):
  "... are: size 164430 ..."
  Can't get how you calculated this. I think it must be 164115.
  line 4:
  "... FreeBSD partition, 205380 ..."
  Again i think it must be 205065.

5.
p. 174 (top of page):
  "Creating the filesystem ..."
  In the example you forgot to include the commandline for newfs

Hope this is usefull.

When i'm not right, please drop me a mail; i want to know what i'm
not understanding.

email:
  moos@degnet.baynet.de
  moos@ithnet.com

Anyway, it's an great article about making new disks available to
unix.

Bye, Darius.