Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:17:53 -0700
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        Tom <tsasser@terra.cl>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: filesystems

On Friday 25 April 2003 01:19 pm, Tom wrote:
> hi all,
>
> has anyone had any trouble with freeBSD's file system?  any data
> loss, crashes, etc?  what sort of reliability can i expect if the
> power goes out or a hd starts acting up?

I've never had any problems, even the few times that power did go out.

Since you're asking this question of newbies, instead of asking experts
or  hiring a consultant, and considering that power outages are an
issue, I'd hazard a guess that you're interested in FreeBSD for a
desktop or a personal server. Am I right?

p.s. Backup, backup, backup. Even large multinational banks with ultra
highend enterprise class filesystems on their currency exchange
transaction servers make backups. And buy a UPS :-)

David