Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:58:59 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions ML <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing linux libraries not in /usr/ports

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:11:38 +1000 Norberto Meijome wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 02:09:04 +0400
> Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:20:05 +1000 Norberto Meijome wrote:
> >
> > > I'm testing the latest skype beta for linux from skype's site (1.4 ), ideally viewing to update the port while learning in the process.
> >
> > > I've resolved all dependencies so far (listed after my sig), except for :
> >
> > > libsigc-2.0.so.0 => not found
> >
> > > I do have libsigc++ 2. installed in my system, but I believe I need the linux version , correct?
> >
> > > Now, linux-libsigc doesn't exist in ports. I'm faced with 2 options:
> >
> > > 1) installing libsigc from FC4 (the linux subsystem version I'm using) via RPM , but it seems only 1.5 has been packaged - i can't seem to find 2.0 anywhere.
> >
> > Well, it really simple here, just use http://www.rpmfind.net . And
> > using "libsigc-2.0.so.0" as a search pattern will give you an
> > answer: it is an "extra" for FC4 (libsigc++20-2.0.17-1.i386.rpm).

This is OK...

> > And here is the link at kernel.org:
> > http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/extras/4/i386/libsigc++-1.2.7-2.fc4.i386.rpm

...but this is not. Actually, the file is:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/extras/4/i386/libsigc++20-2.0.17-1.i386.rpm

> > PS. Seems that you have missed an "extra" category while searching. ;-)
> >

> oops thanks!!! and sorry :)

NP.

> Anyway, my actual problem wasn't with the rpm or not
> rpm (I was going to end up finding it anyway...it's been a while I *had* to go
> into rpm world), but what is the best approach to installing this - chroot to
> the linux subsystem and install from there? It seems rpm is already installed
> in my system (BSD, not linux subsystem) ... should I use that ?

Well, you may (update your ports tree and) install it from the port
(devel/linux-libsigc++20). ;-)

> thanks , and sorry for waisting your time w/the rpm:)

Sorry for the wrong link at the previuos message. Have fun. ;-)

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve