Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:41:17 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Dragoncrest <dragoncrest@voyager.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PC checking app under the GPL??

--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 03:19:16PM -0400, Dragoncrest wrote:
> 	Anyone know of a freeware PC hardware diagnostic and testing app=20
> 	that can be used for troubleshooting and burn in on new systems?  I'm su=
re=20
> someone in the linux community has to have written something that will do=
=20
> that.  Anyone know of anything like this?  Thanks.

It's mostly BSDL, not GPL, but:

   # cd /usr/src
   # make buildworld buildkernel
   (lather, rinse, repeat)

works pretty well for burning in a new system.  General consensus is
if your system can do that reliably, then there's not much wrong with
it.  As for working out what's broken when that doesn't work: that's
half the fun.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20