Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:07:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ian P. Thomas" <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        dleimbac@earthlink.net (David Leimbach)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yanking Sendmail need something easier to understand

	I've never used postfix, but from what I've heard, it was built as
a replacement for Sendmail due to Sendmail's numerous security problems.
YMMV.  I run Sendmail with the smrsh option, this allows Sendmail to use a
shell other than sh for its activities.  The smrsh was developed as a
secure replacement for sh.  You can even specify which user commands smrsh
will execute by putting them in /usr/adm/sm.bin/.  Performance wise, I can
only speak from my own experience and say that Sendmail has always worked
for me, but I only get around 200-300 email through my machine daily.

Ian

In the last episode, David Leimbach stated...