Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:37:07 -0500
From:      Carroll Kong <damascus@eden.rutgers.edu>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>, database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Small Problems with Oracle for Linux for FreeBSD

At 10:36 AM 12/21/99 +0100, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>Carroll Kong wrote:
> >         Hey guys, I went to this excellent web site
> >
> > http://www.scc.nl/~marcel/howto-oracle.html
>
>I think this is solved by "upgrading" linux_base. I assume you have
>linux_base-5.2 from the ports collection, right? Try using
>linux_base-6.1 from http://www.freebsd.org/~marcel.
>
>--
>Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl

It is!  I tried the linux_base-6.1, and I got the listener working!  I am
going to try the others too (I guess I should have did it before I
responded to this, but I am so happy, I have to respond now!).  I had to
pkg_delete linux_base-5.2 naturally.  linux_devel-6.0 seems broken, but I
was still able to get the listener working!  I left the initial url since I
have to reiterate how helpful that site was.  Great work Marcel.  Thanks a
lot for the fix!

-Carroll Kong