Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 1998 17:30:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jobs@freebsd.org

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Terry Lambert wrote:

> I think there needs to be a new list, "jobs@freebsd.org", for
> companies looking for people to send job listings to.
>
> Whistle is currently looking for a couple of people, and it's
> really hard to identify FreeBSD capable people who are interested
> in being "looked for".
>
> There are the pages where people who want to do consulting
> advertise themselves, but no place where a company who wants
> full time employees can put up a sign.
>
> What's missing is a community contact point, and I think that
> jobs@freebsd.org would be a good place for people to self-select
> themselves into the community.
>
> Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Terry, isn't this what chat's for?  I'm just a little overwhelmed by the
number of lists, and chat hasn't got any real limitations.  They might
get upset if you posted porno, but shy of that, you aren't going to see
any official censorship.  Jobs type things are well within reasonable
limits.  I'd personally like to see chat used for things like that.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).