Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 06:33:24 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microsoft Quality Control (lack of:)

Greg Lehey writes:
> On Thursday, 21 September 2000 at  7:40:42 -0500, David Kelly wrote:
> > You'd think Microsoft would know better than to use their own
> > software to handle customer's money. Especially know better than to
> > "test" on live accounts.
> >
> > http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/Sep2000/20-e2919.html
>
> Can you read that?  I get a thin blue bar on the left of the screen,
> then a text par about a third of the width, with the text overlapping
> the blue bar.  There's obviously something missing too:

The bar on the left is fairly thick and full of Javascript buttons. The
site doesn't behave well at anything other than the chosen fonts they
built into their page generators. Have no clue as to what those are. At
the moment it displays fairly well for me but I don't know why. I've
been dorking around with the "netscape fonts" port 100 dpi fonts, font
sizes, etc.

Speaking of which, I trashed (on purpose) my Netscape Preferences the
other day on my Mac. Really changed the fonts that daemonnews used. Then
visited some site or another and the daemonnews article font changed
back to the way they used to be (too small). Almost made me mad enough
to install Internet Exploder.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net