Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 10:16:47 -0700
From:      "Eddie Lawhead" <eddie@silk.net>
To:        "Pat Lynch" <lynch@rush.net>, "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
Cc:        "Gregory Sutter" <gsutter@pobox.com>, "Michael Borowiec" <mikebo@Mcs.Net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Securing the FreeBSD console

No doubt.  And not only that but do you think the MS Win people(This must be
the opposite of a "TOY OS"?) will tell you that having cleansweep on your
computer will screw up an install of IE?  Or tell the normal user that the
passwords in Win 95 really don't do anything?  Well the same goes for
FreeBSD.  The FreeBSD team cannot be held responsible for all of the ports,
it is just to large.  It is up to the devolpers of the applications to point
out security problems, or to users of the apps.

Having XLock and all the security features in the world is useless if I can
turn you computer off (accidently, my knee bumped the power), while you are
in the middle of designing a bridge you forgot to save.

Ed