Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:28:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric I. Arnoth" <earnoth@UDel.Edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   new laptop, which system?

My many thanks to all of you who sent me information on what laptops would
be FreeBSD friendly.  I have read the suggestions, searched the web for
more details, and performed extensive price comparisons.  Now that I have
selected the new laptop I will buy, I find myself wondering which version
of FreeBSD should I install.  Which would be wiser to install on a fresh
system, 3.1 (3.0?) stable, or the PAO 2.2.8?  I notice that there is no
PAO install disk for 3.x, and I certainly want to install the right
version since I have a clean slate to start from.  Thanks again for all
the emails everyone sent.  It is very gratifying to have recieved such
kindly assistance in my moment of crisis.

    //////     /////     Eric I. Arnoth
/////////////////////    earnoth@udel.edu
 //        //   //       Renaissance Quanta -
//////    //   //           http://udel.edu/~earnoth/