From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium 4 Dell and heat issues

TR> I know this is usually either a heat or a bad memory issue, but
TR> before I send it back, I would like to know if there are any known
TR> issues with P4 Dell notebooks, not particularly related to
TR> heat. Could it be that FBSD has problems with a P4 system? Or is
TR> this definitely a heat/memory issue. How do your P4 Dell notebooks
TR> behave?

All Dell boxes I have come with some *really* helpful diagnostic
utilities.  Run them overnight in continuous mode.  That's the first
thing dell will make you do if you call to ask for a repair, so you
might as well do it ahead of time.

If you don't have the diagnostics installed in the "utility"
partition, you can download them onto floppies from Dell's support
site.