Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 1999 23:45:42 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Re: cvs commit: doc/en/handbook/ports chapter.sgml]

Nik Clayton wrote:

> > +/* Please update doc/en/handbook/ports/chapter.sgml when changing
> > */
> >  #undef __FreeBSD_version
> >  #define __FreeBSD_version 400008     /* Master, propagated to newvers
> > */
>
> Hang on a second, I spoke too soon.  I've just had a look at that file,
> and I can see no trace of that comment in there.  I can't see "handbook"
> in /home/ncvs/src/sys/sys/param.h,v either.
>
> Or was the point that this coment *should* be added to that file, but
> hasn't been yet?

I was under the impression the comment *had* been committed... It
would seem I was wrong.

Most of the thread was spent on discussing whether ports was the
appropriate place for the documentation or not, and where it should
be mentioned if not in ports.

You know how people can get sidetracked easily. :-) For that matter,
if chapter.sgml still has a log of why the version changed, then I
think it would be a good thing to insert the above comment in
param.h. I don't recall seeing any objections, though I can imagine
some people might think it's not appropriate for the source to refer
to an outside documentation such as the handbook.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	- Come on.