Date:      Sat, 26 Jul 1997 22:53:04 -0600
From:      Stephane Raimbault <stephane@freenet.mb.ca>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   pap script problems...

My ISP uses a PAP system for users to log in.  My script does not seem
to work properly.  This is what I do to connect to the INET for now.

stephane# ppp papsite
User Process PPP. Written by Toshiharu OHNO.
Log level is 09
can't open /etc/ppp/ppp.secret.
Warning: No password entry for this host in ppp.secret
Warning: All manipulation is allowed by anyone in the world
Using interface: tun0
Interactive mode
ppp ON stephane> term
Enter to terminal mode.
Type `~?' for help.
at
OK
atdt2502663
CONNECT 31200/ARQ
ppp ON stephane> Packet mode.

PPP ON stephane>
If you cant figure what I've done well this is what I've done.  ppp
papsite (No explanation needed).  I go in term to dial number then once
connected I go to packet mode (~p) and then it seems to log me in fine.

This is my ppp.conf file:

default:
 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set speed 38400
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT&F&C1&D2S95=3
OK-AT-OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
papsite:
 set phone 123-4567
 set login "TIMEOUT 5 login:-\\r-login: ppp word: ppp"
 deny chap
 accept pap
 set authname MyUserName
 set authkey MyPassword
All I changed in the above is the set authname and set authkey fields so
that you can't see my username and passwd.  I am unsure if I should put
my username and passwd where it is written ppp in the set login line.  I
also changed the set phone line so the number is not displayed (My ISP
doesn't want the number to get out to those who don't have an account
there)

This is what happens when I simply dial:
stephane# ppp papsite
User Process PPP. Written by Toshiharu OHNO.
Log level is 09
can't open /etc/ppp/ppp.secret.
Warning: No password entry for this host in ppp.secret
Warning: All manipulation is allowed by anyone in the world
Using interface: tun0
Interactive mode
ppp ON stephane> dial
Dial attempt 1